Thursday, September 30, 2010

A letter to heaven

I suffer from  ailurophia also known as the fear of cats. Yes, I am afraid of cats-really afraid. I know it sounds childish, but the presence of the feline creature, frightens me. I’m also afraid of closed spaces (claustophobic), or so my sister claims-I still insist on arguing to the contrary. I hate watermelons; absolutely can’t stand the taste! Broccoli is also on my ‘yucky’ foods list. I sometimes manage to force a bit of it-the broccoli I mean-down my throat because I know it protects against breast cancer. So for my health’s sake, I endure the revolting taste.   My newly discovered talent is the art to attribute the oddest of adjectives to the taste of a meal. I personify food describing a meal as ‘shocking’ or even ‘orgasmic’. I love my food. I’m still pretty much the same build you left me- tall and slender. Well, I wasn’t quite tall at the age you left me, but I bet you knew that I would someday be. I’m completely confused with what to do with my life and can’t figure out whether to head east or west. I wish I could tell you that I am some accomplished….. or….. (the gaps being filled with some sort of impressive title).  I don’t have the title yet.
So many years of being gone, you’ve missed out on my life. A paragraph or two, or even ten, can’t tell it all. All that’s described above, is just a glimpse into my life. I never knew you, but I miss you for all that you could have been in my life. This letter is just the first, but certainly not the last. I long to tell you all that you have missed, and what is to happen.   I love you mum. I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely letter to your mom :-) I'm sure she's smiling with pride as she watches you grow into the beautiful, intelligent, compassionate, and powerful woman that you are.
    I'm proud to call you my sister.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete